Sunday, January 03, 2010

hong kong journey

My journey to Hong Kong was confusing and complicated. I am pretty sure I have made my parents hate me. I'm going to write everything down for my sake, so I can remember all the details when I get old.

Lets start.

Pittsburgh Airport:
Our problem started with Continental Airline's flight from Pittsburgh to Newark. The flight was delayed due to maintenance/air traffic/weather problems from 11:30 until 2:30. Our flight to Newark to Hong Kong was at 3:30. So obviously we can't catch the flight to Hong Kong on time anymore. First a bald, fat guy helped my dad with the rearrangement. He pissed me off. He kept giving my dad that "duh don't you understand English, you are a stupid Chinese" face. He canceled our current flight and re-booked us for the next day. So then another fat woman came and helped us cause the fat guy disappeared suddenly. It turns out the fat guy was retarded and there was no seats left the next day. She booked us back on the current flight, booked us a flight from Newark to Los Angelos, and then from Los Angelos to Hong Kong. We were happy, thinking everything is now happy and merry. Of course, nothing can be this easy. Right when we are about to board, an announcement was made, saying that our luggage cannot be transported on to the plane. Apparently, only my flight was re-booked and my parents' flights were not re-booked. So Ed had to pull out passengers from the plane in front of us to make room for my parents. Hopefully the black guy doesn't hate us.

Newark Airport:
We arrived at the airport around 4:15. Our plane leaves from Newark to Los Angelos at 5:00. The time was ticking. We went to customer service desk to get our boarding ticket. Another fat woman, but black, came to help us. The first 15 minutes was spent on fixing a broken printer. The next half an hour was spent on booking my parents tickets because thanks to the previous fat woman who only booked my flight. By this time its already 5:00. Luckily, Continental Airline loves to delay flights and our flight was no exception. Our flight was delayed until 6:15.

From Newark to Los Angelos:
I was feeling pretty sick already from Pittsburgh to Newark, probably because I only slept 7 hours in the past three days. Probably from a combination of my lack of sleep and the disgusting air quality on the Continental plane, I threw up 5 times in 6 hours. Needless to say, I have never been this air sick in this short amount of time.

Los Angelos Airport:
I couldn't take another 15.5 hours of plane anymore. I had no idea it takes 6 hours to get to California and I was pretty sure I will pass out or die on the plane if I ride another 15.5 hours. We were late for our 10:30 flight to Hong Kong anyways. So my dad talked to a Continental agent and asked if we can book a flight tomorrow to Hong Kong. This is when police was almost involved. The Continental people couldn't find us a hotel room at first because none of hotels would accept their hotel voucher since its New Years Eve. They also couldn't get a hold of Cathay Pacific (the airline from LA to Hong Kong) through phone. They told my dad to walk to the international terminal(20 min walk) and ask about the seating availability himself. My mom got mad and her voice started to raise "we pay three thousands dollars for this? Horrible service. For this? For this? Continental horrible. My daughter sick because of this! Can't get to Hong Kong because of this! You fix this! Three thousand dollars!" The lady helping us said, "I'm going to call the police if you keep yelling because you are causing a disturbance". My dad freaked out, "police? Call the police! I'll call the police!" So I had to calm my parents down, and pretend like I'm a dying helpless girl to get the Contintental people to book us a hotel and book us tickets for Hong Kong. We spent our New Years Eve at LA Aiport.

Los Angelos to Hong Kong:
Los Angelos was beautiful and our one night stay turned out to be pretty fun. Our airline was Cathay Pacific. I was prepared to throw up and asked for several plastic bags when I boarded the plane. However, the flight experience turned out to be quite plesant. The air was fresh, the food smelt good, the bathrooms smelt good, the airline ladies looked good, everything was amazing. Not only did I not get air sick, I actually watched two and half movies. A new record for me. I love Cathay Pacific. When we landed, our luggages which arrived a day earlier were already there waiting for us. Everything went so smoothly with Cathay Pacific. Cathay Pacific is my new favorite airline. I recommend it to everyone.

4 comments:

Queen Micha said...

lol, the whole thing sounds like an ad for Cathay Pacific. The fat and rude vs. the eye candy; the puke vs. fresh air. lovely~ <3 write more write more, keep us updated! and maybe pose some photo?

sunny said...

hahahaha oh man your parents are hilarious hahahahahaha you almost got arrested for screaming

Anonymous said...

hot-wallpapers
akrb t = rm 97

ETC said...

I can smell the hatred you have towards fat people... btw this is 100x more exciting than my new year's eve. Hope you enjoyed your trip!