Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Communism

So we had to draw an Asian figure and a European figure together for my art class. It blew my mind today to see just about every single person in my art class picked Mao or Communism related figures as the Asian figure. Furthermore, figures that had a star on the hat are depicted as Mao even they show no likeness to him at all. I seriously, sincerely don't understand America's obsession with Communism. Is this all they can think of when the think of Asia? China? Have they been so fucking brainwashed by the American propaganda education system that they equate China with Communism? I was so pissed in all the Communism references today. In every single drawing, people relate an Asian figure to a Communism figure, even when there were absolutely nothing to do with fucking Communism. People just keep yelling out names, oh that looks like Castro, oh that looks like Stalin, oh thats a baby Mao. What the hell? And worst yet, it seems as if everything Communism related is comical. This girl in my class keep saying, oh man I just find everything Mao related is so funny. She had Mao naked with a Greek head on the ground, which she relates it to the Mao's destruction of classical art, a subject that she find extremely amusing. I don't understand. I thought this propaganda only existed in high school, but now I guess it is everywhere. Why is this sad part of our history hysterical to the Americans? Why? Why is it that America neglects the other 5000 years of our history? Why is it that no one knows we were the forefront of sciences and mathematics, that we have a ancient and rich history behind us? Why is it that no one respect the culture that I love?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've often had thoughts like you. I hate how people on focus on the not-so-good parts and neglect the 95% good parts. People of... a certain culture... sometimes seem to forget that their culture isn't exactly perfect. Every nation has had problems. Oh well. Most of the time I try to ignore these people. I tell myself it's not worth my time getting angry at them.

Anyway long time no talk. Hope you are well.

~a beat-up seashell~

过了时的流行 said...

How is college life? Heh heh. I miss you.

Have you heard that the 高老师 quit teaching? I heard that he is opening up a restaurant... (I don't know if it's true, since I haven't been going to classes for a while.)

过了时的流行 said...

http://post.baidu.com/f?z=163096749&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=50&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=%BF%A8%BF%A8%CE%F7&pn=0

I wrote a fanfiction for Kakashi in Naruto. I don't know if you've watched that anime before. You probably have, since it's kind of popular.. yeah. You can ignore my fanfiction... it's all like... romance. Hah hah.

过了时的流行 said...

Oh yeah just a warning, there's so much misspelled words in that fanfic I wrote. - - My Chinese typing system thingy is kind of dumb.